November 6, 2006

Mano Updates Progress on its Kono Project Joint Venture with Petra Diamonds

  • Shaft development progressing on schedule on four sites
  • 224 diamonds weighing 23.91 carats recovered in latest quarter
  • Largest diamonds recovered of 1.6, 1.4, 1.34, 1.1 and 0.85 carats
  • Kimberlite at Simbakoro yielded 2.3 carats of diamond from a 1.6 tonne sample indicating a grade potentially in excess of 100 carats per hundred tonnes

Mano River Resources Inc (“Mano” or “the Company”) announces an update on its 49% owned Kono project in Sierra Leone, a Joint Venture with Petra Diamonds, who operate and manage and hold the remaining 51%.

Shaft sinking continues on the two original sites, on dykes Lion 3 and Lion 5, with depths of almost 24 metres each being achieved. When these shafts reach a target depth of 30 metres, core drilling will be conducted to establish dyke dimensions along strike, prior to planned development of mining stopes to access production amounts of kimberlite.

Sinking of a third shaft recently commenced on the Lion-2 dyke at Yendema, where kimberlite samples weighing 18-tonnes yielded 59 transparent diamonds, weighing 7.77-carats, including diamonds of 1.6, 1.34, 0.85, 0.75, 0.6 and 0.55-carats. This shaft is currently at a depth of 9.5m where the kimberlite dyke has a width of 1.8m.

Elsewhere in the licence area, exploration trenching continues and is aimed towards identifying new shaft sites. The combined fissure length identified now stands at in excess of 17 kilometres. One dyke that has been tested at Simbakoro yielded 2.3 carats of diamond from 1.6 tonnes of kimberlite, including an individual diamond of 1.4-carats. This implied grade of approximately 140 carats per hundred tonnes has justified the sinking of the fourth shaft of the project on the kimberlite dyke at this site.

Some 224 diamonds, weighing 23.95-carats, were recovered from kimberlite processed during the shaft development during the past quarter. It is not yet possible, however, to establish accurate diamond grades for the kimberlite processed at this stage, due to the mixed (kimberlite and non-kimberlite) nature of the sample material collected from the shafts. The sinking of 2m wide shafts on the generally narrower dykes unavoidably results in significant amounts of non-kimberlitic material in the processed samples, which is expected to be refined in actual mining once the shafts have reached their planned depth.

Mano’s VP Diamonds, Karl Smithson, comments: “The Kono project continues to make good progress under the expert management of Petra Diamonds. The partners remain encouraged by the grades and quality of diamonds that are being recovered from the initial samples processed and we look forward to further positive developments.”

Mano’s Qualified Person responsible for reviewing the content of this release is Karl Smithson, who holds a BSc in Geology from Kingston University in the UK and is a member of the South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions.

ENDS

For further information on Mano River Resources and its exploration programme, you are invited to visit the Company’s website at www.manoriver.com or contact one of the following:

Tom Elder, President and CEO
Mano River Resources Inc.
+44 (0) 1235 810 740

Justine Howarth / Ana Ribeiro
Parkgreen Communications
+44 (0) 207 493 3713

Jamie Cumming
Bell Lawrie
+44 (0) 141 221 7733

Raz Hussein
Controller, Canada
+1 (604) 689 1700

About Mano River Resources Inc.

Mano is a well-established exploration and development company focused on the discovery of gold, diamond and iron ore deposits in the Archaean terrain of the highly prospective, under-explored, West African Mano River Union countries of Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Guinea.

The Company has a feasibility study nearing completion at the ‘New Liberty Gold Mine project, which is expected to become Liberia’s first hard rock gold mine, while in Sierra Leone the joint venture with Petra Diamonds is producing diamonds from exploration of the Kono kimberlite dyke suite.

In eastern Liberia, reconnaissance work is under way on Mano’s Putu iron ore project, with encouraging iron grades reported in the initial surface grab sampling over the 8km long prospect, while in western Liberia joint venture partner Trans Hex plans a bulk sampling programme on a cluster of diamondiferous kimberlite pipes.

Mano has over 18,500km² under licence and has joint ventures in place with BHP-Billiton, Golden Star Resources, Navasota, Petra Diamonds, Searchgold, Trans Hex Group and African Aura.

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not take responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release